Contact details, address, map, driving directions and links for Hone Heke Lodge in the Bay of Islands New Zealand – aka by Kiwis as “the winterless north”!
Thank you so much for wanting to stay with us at Hone Heke Lodge. Unfortunately we are fully booked until further notice.
We suggest trying Kerikeri Holiday Park if you need to be in town or Relax-a-lodge if you have your own transport as they are a little out of town.
Thank you once again for trying us & enjoy beautiful Kerikeri.
Street & Postal Address
65 Hone Heke Rd, Kerikeri 0230, Bay of Islands New Zealand
Hone Heke Lodge [Kerikeri backpackers], 65 Hone Heke Rd, Kerikeri 0230, Bay of Islands New Zealand [opens Google map in new tab]
Go to our Bookings page to book online or make an online enquiry.
Map and driving directions to Hone Heke Lodge, Kerikeri, Bay of Islands New Zealand…
View larger map [opens Google Maps in new tab]
Driving directions from Auckland
Follow these easy directions to your accommodation in the Bay of Islands New Zealand…
- Total distance: 243 km (3 h 2 min according to Google).
- From Auckland City central, drive north over the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
- Proceed north following State Highway 1 through Warkworth (58 km), Wellsford (77 km), Te Hana (82 km), Brynderwyn (104 km), Whangarei (158 km).
- At Whangarei, take the Kamo bypass and continue north through Hikurangi (173 km), Waro (175 km) and Whakapara (180 km) to Kawakawa (212 km).
- At Kawakawa, turn left to go through Moerewa (217 km), Pakaraka (225 km), Oromahoe (230 km) and Puketona (232 km).
- Eight kilometres after Puketona, turn right into Kerikeri Rd (240 km)
- At the Caltex Service Station at the roundabout in Kerikeri, turn right into Hobson Ave (242 km)
- At the end of Hobson Ave, bear right into Cobham Rd (243 km)
- Turn left into Hone Heke Rd (243 km)
- Look for 65 Hone Heke Rd on the right, just past the school.
- Follow the signs to Hone Heke Lodge (up to the left then right) at the end of a long driveway. Welcome!
Travel by bus
Bus to your accommodation in the Bay of Islands: Intercity bus service »
- Fly from Auckland Domestic Airport to Kerikeri (link to Air New Zealand)
It’s a 10-minute drive from the airport to Hone Heke Lodge.
Places you might like to stop at on the way up to your Bay of Islands accommodation at Hone Heke Lodge – of course you can’t do them all in one day but it will give you some ideas.
- Orewa & Whangaparoa peninsula – only 20 minutes north of the big city centre you will see some of the first stunning northland beaches. Also great shops near here and in Silverdale.
- Puhoi – great pub and bohemian township.
- Sheep World – spot the pink sheep. Great show for kids & sheep lovers.
- Kaiwaka – time for a quick stop at the Dutch shop for lovely cheeses.
- Don’t forget you can go left and up through Waipoua forest to the Hokianga as well.
- Whangarei basin – great spot for lunch & Northland’s largest city.
- Whangarei Falls & AH Reed Kauri Park – lovely walk along the river.
- Kawiti glow worm caves (45 minutes north of Whangarei)
- Kawakawa Hundertwasser toilets – these toilets have become a famous tourist quick pit stop.
- Russel – make sure you take time to see this charming historical town
- Paihia – in the beautiful Bay of Islands – check out Fullers Cruises & trips
- Waitangi Treaty House – find out all about Hone Heke and his part in history here.
Some other sites you might like to check out…
Go to our Online Enquiry Form now