Contact details, address, map, driving directions and links for Hone Heke Lodge in the Bay of Islands New Zealand – aka by Kiwis as “the winterless north”!
Street & Postal Address
65 Hone Heke Rd, Kerikeri 0230, Bay of Islands New Zealand
Hone Heke Lodge [Kerikeri backpackers], 65 Hone Heke Rd, Kerikeri 0230, Bay of Islands New Zealand [opens Google map in new tab]
Go to our Bookings page to book online or make an online enquiry.
Map and driving directions to Hone Heke Lodge, Kerikeri, Bay of Islands New Zealand…
View larger map [opens Google Maps in new tab]
Driving directions from Auckland
Follow these easy directions to your accommodation in the Bay of Islands New Zealand…
- Total distance: 243 km (3 h 2 min according to Google).
- From Auckland City central, drive north over the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
- Proceed north following State Highway 1 through Warkworth (58 km), Wellsford (77 km), Te Hana (82 km), Brynderwyn (104 km), Whangarei (158 km).
- At Whangarei, take the Kamo bypass and continue north through Hikurangi (173 km), Waro (175 km) and Whakapara (180 km) to Kawakawa (212 km).
- At Kawakawa, turn left to go through Moerewa (217 km), Pakaraka (225 km), Oromahoe (230 km) and Puketona (232 km).
- Eight kilometres after Puketona, turn right into Kerikeri Rd (240 km)
- At the Caltex Service Station at the roundabout in Kerikeri, turn right into Hobson Ave (242 km)
- At the end of Hobson Ave, bear right into Cobham Rd (243 km)
- Turn left into Hone Heke Rd (243 km)
- Look for 65 Hone Heke Rd on the right, just past the school.
- You’ll find Hone Heke Lodge at the end of a long driveway. Welcome!
Travel by bus
Bus to your accommodation in the Bay of Islands: Intercity bus service »
- Fly from Auckland Domestic Airport to Kerikeri (link to Air New Zealand)
It’s a 10-minute drive from the airport to Hone Heke Lodge.
Places you might like to stop at on the way up to your Bay of Islands accommodation at Hone Heke Lodge – of course you can’t do them all in one day but it will give you some ideas.
- Orewa & Whangaparoa peninsula – only 20 minutes north of the big city centre you will see some of the first stunning northland beaches. Also great shops near here and in Silverdale.
- Waiwera Hot Pools – just over the hill you will find this hidden treasure.
- Puhoi – great pub and bohemian township.
- Sheep World – spot the pink sheep. Great show for kids & sheep lovers.
- Kaiwaka – time for a quick stop at the Dutch shop for lovely cheeses.
- Don’t forget you can go left and up through Waipoua forest to the Hokianga as well.
- Whangarei basin – great spot for lunch & Northland’s largest city.
- Whangarei Falls & AH Reed Kauri Park – lovely walk along the river.
- Kawiti glow worm caves (45 minutes north of Whangarei)
- Kawakawa Hundertwasser toilets – these toilets have become a famous tourist quick pit stop.
- Russel – make sure you take time to see this charming historical town
- Paihia – in the beautiful Bay of Islands – check out Fullers Cruises & trips
- Waitangi Treaty House – find out all about Hone Heke and his part in history here.
Some other sites you might like to check out…
Go to our Online Enquiry Form now